My daughter will be finishing 3rd grade in just a couple of weeks and last week I found myself sitting in the car line at her school for the first time ever! I've heard other mom's complain about having to sit and wait in the car line, but I really didn't think it was so bad. Her school runs the line rather quickly and efficiently. All of the "car rider" children are outside patiently waiting in the covered sidewalk area of the car ramp and as each parent drives up, a teacher reads out the child's name from the placard that we have hanging from our rearview mirror.
I've been walking her to school every morning and either picking her up or walking her home from school everyday. Twice last week she asked me braid her hair for her. These may seem like simple little things, but these are things that I have not been able to do for my daughter because I have worked.
On another note, I got my resume in order and sent it to a few places. It was little discouraging because I discovered that two of the positions I applied for had over 450 other applicants...
No comments:
Post a Comment